Job Title: Project Manager (8 or more years of experience)
Reports To: Marketing Principal
Manages: Project Team(s)
Eight or more years of experience, licensure preferred but not required, bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited program; manages multiple small/medium projects, coordinates all aspects of assigned projects, and estimates scope of work.
Has full responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple small to midsized projects. Prepares strategic plans for project success. Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to assure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction. Actively manages client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments. Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts. Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited program plus eight years of experience. Registered architect preferred.
Summary of Position at three: living architecture
The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, interpreting, organizing, and managing of projects through all phases of development. Establishes and monitors budgets, manages project team, and prepares schedules to ensure efficient use of resources. Oversees design development, production of construction documents, and construction administration. The Project Manager is responsible for continuing and enhancing client relationships. The Project Manager has the authority to direct, monitor, and control all project activities. The Project Manager must demonstrate experience in all phases of architecture and engineering services.
The Project Manager must demonstrate professional skill, high standards, sound judgment, and professionalism. The Project Manager will pass knowledge to others and support a continuous learning environment. Team building and motivation are also key responsibilities.
- Formalizes and prioritizes the project’s success goals in concert with the firm’s overall success goals.
- Conveys the project’s success goals with all team members and solicits buy-in.
- Ensures that the project conforms to the contractual agreement with the client.
- Effectively manages project budget to ensure profitability.
- Effectively manages project to ensure completion within allocated time constraints.
- Maintains ongoing, positive, and productive relationship with client.
- Ensures project needs are satisfied by effectively managing all project staff and resources.
- As project resources or needs change from time to time, assume other project team member responsibilities
- Effectively and proactively coaches, mentors, and provides performance-enhancing feedback to team members.
- Implements the firm’s processes to reduce risks and ensure uniform quality in all phases.
- Ensures the firm’s activities emphasize efficiency, quality assurance, and code compliance.
This position requires a B.S. or B.A. in Architecture and 8-10 years of relevant experience. An architectural license is imperative. It is essential to have client management, proposal creation, project management, and negotiation skills. The Project Manager must have leadership skill and the ability to manage multiple priorities while consistently achieving high standards and goals. Proven experience in motivating and inspiring others is essential. Presentation skills, both verbal and graphic, are required. Travel is required.